When you have decided to take up playing tennis it might be a good idea to put some of your hard earned cash into having some tennis lessons. Make sure you do your homework and find a professional tennis coach who will set you of in the right direction. In choosing someone to coach you, make sure they have the desire to help you identify your problems, and support you while you are developing all your tennis skills.
I will give you many tips on how to improve your tennis, and some of the web sites that I recommend can also take you through the learning experience, look at these sites and see what they have to offer. Newsletters and free Video tutorials are available, and much more. Take note that with all the tennis lessons in the world if you do not focus on your feedback and act upon it you will probably encounter your same old problems with no improvement.
The moral of the story is, if you are being coached then take responsibility for your own actions to become the best tennis player you can be. Many people look to blame their coach for their level of improvement, when they should be addressing their problem with acting upon their own feedback and lack of practice. In tennis there are no shortcuts to learning the game, take one problem at time and solve it. It may take you six months to solve a problem or just a few days, if you keep practicing you will get better.
Every time you go onto a tennis court make sure you feel all the things that you do well. Keep them in your minds store so that when you play another game of tennis they will be there for you. The benefits of having tennis lessons are:
· you will acquire better all round knowledge of how to play tennis
· your coach can give you many ideas on how to progress and develop your tennis
· Watch a lot of tennis this is the best way to learn about how people play a tennis game; it will also let you know what type of standard you have to reach.
· Pick someone that you respect for their tennis abilities and watch how they play tennis; your tennis star will usually play with a definite plan on how to beat their opponent. Can you work out how they do it?
· Play many different tennis opponents, this will help you learn from your mistakes and your successful shots.
· And many more!!